Letter #33

10/30/12

My Prince,
So I had this amazing plan to surprise you for your birthday this year….but you ended up surprising me.
I decided that I would drive all the way from Memphis to your school in Ohio to surprise you for your birthday. It’s about a 12 hour drive, but I knew I would surprise the crap out of you. At least I thought…
So I left on a Saturday morning and drove about 6 hours to Indiana to visit my family and then I drove a couple more hours to visit my best friend at her school. I stayed the night at her school and then started driving to you on Sunday. Your sister told me that you were on a retreat that weekend and that you would be getting home around 7:00pm on Sunday. Your sister and I had this great plan of hiding me in your garage and then surprising you in there for your birthday. I thought it was the most perfect idea because I knew you wouldn’t have a clue.
I arrived at your school and I was super nervous! I don't really know why but I was really nervous to surprise you. I wanted to make sure that you were actually going to be surprised and I didn't want to mess it up! I picked your sister up and we started driving to your house. The whole way there I kept sayin, "I'm gonna throw up! I'm so nervous!" haha and she was all like, "You're gonna be fine! Why are you gonna throw up?!" We finally got to your house and we parked my car down the street so you wouldn't be able to see it. We got out and started walking towards your garage. As we were approaching your garage I notice candlelight. I couldn't see all the way in the garage but I could see some of it from the side of your garage. We started stepping closer and I noticed a ton of candles and dangling lights. I immediately looked at your sister and was like, "What is going on?" In my head I was thinking....maybe they set this up for me to make this a really nice romantic surprise for him. And then I heard someone playing the guitar.....I thought for a moment, well....he doesn't know how to play the guitar so maybe one of his roommates are playing the guitar to make this super duper romantic. But why wouldn't they tell me any of this? I've never been more confused in my life! I started walking in the garage and I saw you...you were sitting there playing the guitar....and I immediately started freaking out!
"WHAT THE HECK?! You knew I was coming?! How did you know I was coming?! I'm not going in there!" I was saying this as I threw my purse and my phone down to the ground. I had no idea what was going on and for some reason I didn't want to go inside the garage. I was upset because I got all worked up about surprising you,but then you ended up surprising me! WHAT THE HECK?! Your sister started shoving me into the garage saying, "Get in there! Go in! Go in!" Finally one last shove and I was in and she quickly shut the garage door behind me.....I was trapped. I wouldn't want to be trapped any other way. haha
You were sitting there like a champion strumming the guitar and I was just standing there in complete shock while saying, "You knew?!" You told me to sit down in the chair that was facing you.... and so I did. I sat down and I was super nervous because I had no idea what was going on. All I knew was that you didn't know how to play the guitar and that you were playing it and that the garage looked so beautiful! It was too beautiful for just some ordinary surprise. And you looked so handsome. I was thinking, how did I get so lucky? He is so beautiful, on the inside and out. Then I said, "This is not being video taped is it?" And you said, "Just stop." haha. Then I said your name and then you started singing.....and I knew this was something big.
You sang the most adorable song that I have ever heard. It was about me and how you felt about me and what not. haha. I just remember staring at you and thinking oh my gosh he is going to propose? Oh my gosh! This is really happening! This is really happening! I was seriously so nervous and I was getting all hot and bothered! Sweating up a storm! (haha that's super attractive). Then you stopped playing and you set the guitar down and said my name. I said, "I'm gonna barf." Haha not the reaction most people would have but that was totally my kind of reaction. You laughed and then took my hands. You were squeezing my hands and I knew you were nervous by the look on your face. The last time I saw you this nervous was on our very first date when we dated in high school. You looked simply adorable. Like always. But there was something about the way you looked at that very moment that will forever be engraved in my memory.
I then said, "You guys tricked me!" and you respond with, "Stop." (haha Im so good at ruining moments. You are one lucky guy!) You giggled and then began saying the cutest things ever....I loved how nervous you were. You are simply adorable.
"Taylor...I thank God every day for putting you in my life. And you have done more for me than you could ever imagine. I am so in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Good and bad. I want to grow old with you. And I want to struggle with you. And I want to laugh with you. And I love you so much."
You got down on one knee and I nearly died.
I immediately put my hands over my face and said, "Ohhhh myyyy goshhhh."
You then said, "Taylor...." And then the four words that every girl dreams of, "Will you marry me?"
I shook my head and said, "Yes I will....oh my gosh!" haha then I started fanning myself because that would obviously cool me down right away...haha.
Then I said the line that everyone seems to quote me on besides the, "I'm gonna barf" line.
I said, "Max....I'm so surpised!"
I'm not sure why everyone thinks that's so funny because I was CLEARLY surprised! I just had to make sure that I told you exactly how I was feeling. haha.
We then kissed and then I was in shock for the rest of the night. Your poor friends probably thought I was some kind of freak or something.....I am a little crazy and weird..... But I seriously have never been so surprised in my life. You did good baby. Better than anything I could have ever imagined. You set the bar. Thank you.
We are now engaged!
And I couldn't be happier!
I am so in love with you!
Love,
Your Fiance
Who is No Longer Waiting, But Still Praying & Forever Loving You
(Here is the link to the proposal. password is taylormax.  http://vimeo.com/51419596)

No comments:

Post a Comment