Letter #12

7/12/11

Whoever You May Be,
            Hey you! How are you?! I’m sorry I didn’t write to you yesterday. I have been so so so so busy, but that doesn’t mean I never thought about you. I am so thankful that I have you in my life, even though I don’t know you yet. All these letters I write keep me going every day. They give me a reason to believe in something. They reassure me that if I trust and have faith in God, everything will be okay. They make me want to be a better person for you. I can’t tell you how active God has been in my life right now. He has been more active than he ever has before. When I was in high school my faith was so amazing. My heart was burning with fire for Christ. He was my everything. He still is now, but once I got to college I was on a rocky path. I felt so distant and alone. I felt like God had abandoned me, but I soon realized that He was always there right next to me and that He will always be right there next to me. I was just choosing to not see Him, to not hear Him, or feel Him in my life anymore. I was trying to figure out myself (which I still am doing today), but I am so grateful to be home for the summer and have time for myself and my relationship with Him. He is the reason why I live every day on this earth. He is the reason why I believe in you.
            Lately I have been thinking about a certain quote, “We can find a little bit of Heaven in this world.” I have been reading a book called “My Descent into Death” by Howard Storm. It has totally rocked my world in the past couple of days. Usually I read books extremely fast and get them done in a day, but with this book I have been taking it so slow and truly examining every word and every thought that this author has written down. I would suggest anyone to read this book. Whether you believe in God or not, this book will honestly make you think twice about your life. It has made me think so much about my life and this world that we all live in. In this book the author, Howard Storm, says, “We can find a little bit of Heaven in this world.”
 I have been thinking about this quote all day because I find it to be absolutely beautiful. Usually when I think about this world, I think about all the evil that is in it. I find more of the bad than the good. This is an awful way to think, but I am being honest and I totally always thought that way. Growing up I have seen how society and this world have changed so much and I find more negatives than positives. Just going to college I have experienced so many different people with so many unique mind sets and ways of living that are so strange and foreign to my own way of living. College is definitely a time where you really get to experience life and experience how strong you are as a person. I can tell you right now that I wish I could have been stronger at times. This quote, “We can find a little bit of Heaven in this world” really hit me hard. Always thinking about the negatives and how sad this world is, was so immature and naïve of me. Yes this world has its downfalls, but why wouldn’t I ever think about the good in this world.
I just don’t understand because I have always, and I mean ALWAYS seen the good in people. My friend makes fun of me for it because I always say things like, “Yeah he or she can be like this, but they have such a good personality" or " they are still a good person.” I will say things like this even after they have done me wrong. I have always been this way. I think it is because of the way I was raised. But if I am able to always see the good in people, why can’t I see some of the good in this world. Don’t get me wrong I do see some good, but I focus more on the bad. This quote has given me a new perspective on life. Instead of focusing on the negatives of this world, I now see the positives. I see a little bit of heaven here on earth! And it is absolutely amazing. Little things like peoples smiles, something that someone says,  staring into the distance, looking at a beautiful ocean, or seeing something in nature that completely takes my breath away. All of these things are a little bit of heaven to me. The things that make me happy. The things that make me smile. You. All the things that reassure me that God is so real. They are all a little bit of Heaven here on earth in my eyes.
It is such an amazing way of thinking. I honestly wish that everyone could think like this. And if they already have, I completely envy them because I totally wish I lived my whole life thinking this way before now. It is so amazing how God works in our lives. He is so present right now in my life and I wish everyone could feel this same presence that I am feeling right now. I hope you feel His presence, because I know He is totally right by your side every day of your life. He listens to you. He protects you. He loves you. And right now He has completely captured my love, and I know He is making my love for Him stronger right now so that I can prepare my love for you. And eventually we can take His love and share it and make it one.  He is preparing us right this minute so that when we meet, we will have the most amazing love. A love that will beat any fairy tale love story out there. I love you. He loves you. And remember....
We can find a little bit of Heaven in this world.....and You...are a little bit of heaven :)

 Love,

Waiting, Praying and Still Loving YOU

2 comments:

  1. "Oh! you know Hitler, you'd LOVE his personality!" :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura Bean! haha you just made me laugh so hard! I love you!....and your name...what a great name Laura Bean.....who thought of that?!

    ReplyDelete