Letter #15

8/26/11

Whoever You May Be,


It's been a while since I have written to you......I'm sorry.

I'm at the point now where I try so hard not to think about you, but it is nearly impossible. I know I am young, but I seriously can't help it. I have always wanted to get married and have a family. I have always wanted to be loved by someone. I mean who doesn't?! Everyone wants to be loved by somebody. But I want that love that my parents have for each other. I want that fairytale ending. Gosh I am such a romantic. This is also another problem that I have. But I can't help it. That's just who I am.

Speaking of being a romantic.....I took my grandmother to a couple doctors appointments a few weeks ago and after every appointment we would go out to lunch (Soooo romantic! haha this is definitely not the romantic part at all, but I am getting there). I absolutely love my grandmother. She is probably my favorite person on this planet. I completely adore her. She has the most amazing sense of humor I have ever come across, and she has the most beautiful heart and soul I have ever seen in a person. Being around her makes me want to be a better person. She is seriously an angel sent from heaven. Haha I could talk about her forever, but I will save that for another letter. Anyways, at one of the lunches that we went to I decided to ask my grandmother how my grandfather and her met. You have to understand that I have never asked my grandmother this question before. I have always wanted to, but I was never sure because my grandfather passed away a few years ago and I didn't want to make her upset or anything. I absolutely love asking couples how they met and knowing all the mushy gushy details and I thought that this lunch with my grandmother would be the most opportune moment to ask her about her own fairytale story. At first my grandma didn't really want to say anything. She said, "Oh I have told you this before...." I told her that she has never told me. She said, "Oh alright"  and then looked off into the distance, smiled and began her story......

"I was never the type to go on dates or anything. I never really wanted to at all. I went to church every morning at my parish and your grandfather went to church every morning at his parish. A lady that went to both of our parishes noticed that your grandfather and I were both young, about the same age and that we always went to mass every day. She thought that it would be a great idea to get your grandfather and I together. So she told my mother and his mother that we should meet and they planned a date. He was supposed to come over one night with his mother so we could meet, but I didn't want him to come at all. Like I said, I wasn't the type to go on dates. I didn't want to go on a date with this Larry Johnson guy....I was so nervous and dreading the evening and then something came up. Larry and his mother couldn't make it. I can't remember why, but they weren't able to come that night. But I didn't care! I was so happy that I grabbed my sister and we went to go see a show. But then he came over a couple nights later. I remember that I just got back from a vacation and I was sitting in the living room looking at all my vacation pictures. Larry was on his way over with his mother and I was really not looking forward to it. He finally arrived and our mothers talked in the kitchen while Larry and I looked at my vacation pictures in the living room. We talked and talked and finally he had to leave. He got up and started walking out the door and well, I never believed in love at first sight, but as soon as your grandfather left that room I  thought to myself.....that is the man I am going to marry. We dated for two months after that and got married. The day he asked me to marry him was the happiest day of my life. I have never been that happy. Not even on the days that I gave birth to my children. Oh I remember that day I was so happy and all I kept thinking was....... I wish that the whole world could feel the happiness that I am feeling right now at this very moment."

Listening to my grandmother's story brought tears to my eyes and pure happiness to my heart. I was mad at myself that I had never asked her about how she met my grandfather. I am so happy that I finally got the courage to do it. My grandmother's story is my favorite love story of all time. Such a simple yet sweet story, but if you knew my grandparents, they make that story completely magical.

I was extremely close to my grandfather before he died. He was my other favorite person on the planet. I remember I would fake sick at school in elementary just so I could go to his house and spend time with him. He was a big part of my childhood and one of the biggest parts of my life. The day he died, my whole world changed. Life hasn't been the same without him, but  I thank God every day for letting me know him, love him, and feel his love. And now I thank God for letting me know how He brought the two most amazing people, that I love with every part of who I am, together. Their fairytale story makes me even more excited for my own fairytale. But if I don't get the chance to have my own fairytale, just knowing theirs would make up for everything.

Love is exactly what my grandparents had. That love is exactly what I want. I know that love is out there, because I know You are out there. And I know You will walk out of a room one day and I will think to myself, "That is the man I am going to marry." And I know that the day we bring our love together in marriage, it will be the happiest day of my life, and I will wish that the whole world could feel the happiness that I am feeling at that very moment.<3 I love you.

Love,

Waiting, Praying and Still Loving You


No comments:

Post a Comment