Letter #18

12/6/11

Whoever You May Be,

Hello my love! So today I watched a video called "World's Most Beautiful Marriage Proposal." Yes of course I watched something like this! I can't help it. I was waiting for this video to completely blow my mind, but I only found myself a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, this video was awesome, but when I compared it to my life...I would never want this to happen to me!

People have different opinions on proposals. Some dream of them to be huge and extravagant! Others don't think it's that big of a deal. I would like to say that I'm in the middle. In this particular video, the lady that is getting proposed to is caught in a huge flash mob.....and I mean huge! She is completely surprised and there is a ton of dancing, singing and all that jazz. At the end he asks her to marry him right then and there....that's when this adorable video just got a little too much for me. I didn't explain the video that well....only because it is too hard to explain, but it was a very over the top proposal. You will have to watch it sometime. It would have been a really cool experience, but I don't think I would want that to happen to me.

First of all I wouldn't want a million people involved with the proposal. I've never really liked to be the center of attention. I felt bad for this lady in the video because the whole time she is completely surprised....a heck of a lot of people are watching her! I wouldn't even know how to react! All I would be thinking is....There are sooooo many people looking at me right now! haha. That's just me though. I'm weird. Basically the main part of the video that bothered me was that he asked her to marry him right then and there. I don't think I could do that. I mean I'm sure once I'm proposed to I will want to get married as soon as possible, but not literally right then and there! That would completely freak me out. I would probably pass out.

The one thing that I liked about this video a lot was that she was completely surprised! Oh my gosh I love surprises! I have a hard time getting surprised. I mean I usually have some idea that whatever the event is, is going to happen sooner or later. For example, my 16th birthday party was a surprise birthday party. I was totally not surprised. First of all my friend that was throwing the party at her house was very obvious. She lived in my neighborhood. She walked over to my house randomly and she was all dressed up and she was rushing me to come over. I was like WHAAAAT is going on? I totally knew something was going on. Then when we were walking over to her house, she made me walk through the back yard. I always used her front door when I went to her house....hmmm.  And while we were walking through her backyard I saw her basement lights turn off and on and then I saw one of my friends crawling on the floor. Well that's a little obvious! So I told myself I had to pretend to be surprised. Which really sucked cause I really love surprises! Don't get me wrong....It was a great party and I was sooooo thankful for it and very appreciative of my friend. I just wish I could have been surprised.

I was actually surprised one time. It was my freshman year of college and my best friend showed up for my birthday without me knowing! I seriously couldn't believe it. I walked out of my friends room and I saw her in the hall. I instantly screamed and then I started bawling! I couldn't help myself. I was just soooo happy to see her. It was the best surprise yet! It was my first time being surprised! I didn't have to prepare my emotions or put on an act. It was awesome! One of the greatest feeling I have ever felt. I want that feeling again when I'm being proposed to. I think that would be the best proposal ever! As long as I'm surprised that's all that matters. I don't need a giant flash mob and a million people to experience this beautiful event with me. Being proposed to is such a beautiful thing and I feel as if it should be personal. I'm not saying my proposal can't happen in a public place. But I think you know what I mean. Heck just make it cute and surprise me! That's all I'm asking for!

I feel weird talking about proposals. I just thought I would express my feelings towards proposals only because if you're the one I'm supposed to marry, you outta know right?  Haha. I'm crazy. This whole thing is crazy! Writing these letters, sometimes I want to quit, but for some reason...something keeps telling me to write them. My friend thinks I shouldn't put them online on this blog. I have thought that numerous times, but something keeps telling me to write. I know writing these letters for everyone to read makes them less personal, and I hope you don't mind. I just know that everything happens for a reason, and I have started this for a reason, and I feel like I shouldn't stop.

I write to you as if you were with me right now. I talk to you as if you were my best friend and I can't wait to tell you what I'm thinking. I long for you so much and writing these letters helps me immensely. They make me realize the importance of patience. The importance of knowing the meaning of true love. I could care less about what people think about me writing these letters to you. I could care less about everyone being able to read my every thought to you. All I know is that when I'm finally with you, when I finally know who you are and have you in my arms to hold, I will want the whole world to feel the same feeling that I am feeling that very moment and the rest of the moments we have together.

Love,

Waiting, Praying, and Still Loving You

No comments:

Post a Comment