Letter #24

5/4/12

Whoever You May Be,

Wow....letter #24! That's a lot of letters! Your one lucky guy! 24 is my favorite number by the way. Actually I lied...4 is probably my favorite, but 24 is my second favorite. haha Anyways....

I stumbled upon one of the cutest things ever! I'm addicted to this website called StumbleUpon.com. My friends introduced it to me...and ever since...I've been addicted! It's a website that focuses on your own personal interests and it stumbles upon different websites that you might be interested in. You can find soooooo many cool and interesting things with this website! Well, recently I stumbled upon this little website that had a bunch of quotes from little kids about their meaning of love.

First of all I absolutely love little kids....second of all I love LOVE! haha. I love hearing what peoples definitions of love are. So interesting.

A group of professionals asked kids from the ages 4 to 8 the question, "What does love mean?" Here are some of their responses....

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore.  So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too.  That's love." Rebecca - age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.  You know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age 4

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs." Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri - age 4

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen," Bobby - age 7 

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate," Nikka - age 6

"There are two kinds of love.  Our love.  God's love. But God makes both kinds of them." Jenny - age 8

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it.  But if you mean it, you should say it a lot.  People forget," Jessica - age 8 

How beautiful are these responses?! It's amazing to see how these little minds work. Who would think that a 7 year old on Christmas stops...and listens...for the sound of love in a room, instead of ripping apart presents and playing with new toys? Sometimes we forget how smart kids can be and how pure and big their little hearts are. 

One thing I can say is that a child knows exactly what love is. Not just by their definitions....in their actions. Yes kids can be crazy and have their, not so good moments....but they show their love by a simple smile, hug, kiss and laugh. Their actions definitely speak louder than words.

I want to love like how a child loves....effortlessly

I want to trust like how a child trusts....worry free.

I want to smile like how a child smiles....simply to show happiness.

I want to laugh like how a child laughs....to drown out all the evil in this world.

I want to hug like how a child hugs....just to be closer.

I want to kiss like how a child kisses....for no reason at all.

I simply want to love you like a child....because to me it is one of the most beautiful ways of loving.  

I want to love you in every way.

And I will....

Love,

Waiting, Praying and Still Loving You



 

No comments:

Post a Comment