Letter #8


7/7/11

 Whoever You May Be,
            Hello there my love. How are you?! How was your day?! Gosh if only I could hear your answers… Today was a pretty good day, but I was absolutely exhausted. I really need to start sleeping better. I always stay up way too late, and then I end up waking up super early because I have to work.  The only reasons why I stay up late are because…A. I’m watching romantic chick flicks with my sister… B. I’m reading an extremely interesting book… C. I’m having a long intense deep conversation with someone… D. I just can’t sleep. E… I am playing the piano or making up a new song to play… F. I’m on StumbleUpon.com… G. I’m writing letters to you…..which is the best reason of course! Haha. Those are basically the only reasons why I stay up late. Anyways, the reason why I stayed up late last night was because I was trying to write a new song. Music is my weakness. I absolutely love music and I feel like so many stories can be told through songs. Plus you can find a million songs that fit the mood that you are in and they make you feel so much better. Music is such a beautiful thing. I’m sure if we are meant to be, you probably appreciate music as much as I do. It would be really super duper awesome if you played an instrument and sang as well….haha that would just be a plus…its ok if you don’t. I will still love you the same. 
            Well anyways, something funny did eventually happen today.  I was waiting all day for something funny to happen and I thought that today was going to be one of those days that were dull and not humorous at all. But God is so good and he definitely made me laugh. So I was driving the little girl that I nanny for around and she looked at me and said, “I wonder how blind people drive….” Usually a statement like this would make someone say, “ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” I definitely knew that this girl was serious so there was no need to ask that question…. So I looked at her with a very strange face and said, “Ummm I don’t think blind people can drive…..but I’m curious to know why you think they do.” She responded with, “Well I’m sure they do with braille or something…..yeah I’m pretty sure they can drive.” I looked at her and started laughing so hard. This statement honestly didn’t surprise me at all because she says things like this all the time. I should start a blog about all the funny things that she says every day. That would be hilarious. Anyways, I said to her, “Honestly I’m sorry to tell you this but blind people can’t drive…..maybe you're thinking about deaf people because I know that they can drive.” She says, “No no no I’m talking about blind people for sure. They probably just have someone sitting in the passenger seat that tells them where to go.” I completely lost it at this point laughing so hard. I said, “Now think about what you just said….does that make any sense at all?! Why wouldn’t they just let the person that HAS vision drive and the blind person could just sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the ride? It would be extremely difficult to explain to a blind person where to drive, how fast to drive, where and when to turn, how sharp of a turn they should take, etc.” She started laughing….hopefully because she was realizing how insane her mind works. I looked at her and said, “Ok…pretend that I am blind right now (remember I am driving during this whole entire conversation). Now I want you to tell me where to go!” She looked at me like I was absolutely crazy while I was pretending to have my eyes closed, but I was clearly looking at the road (she didn’t know this though). We were about to go through a round-a-bout and she yells “TURN LEFT!” and I said, “How fast should I be going…how sharp is the turn?!” She yells, “I DON’T KNOW!” I started laughing so hard and told her… “See…now that would be extremely hard wouldn’t it?” She didn’t want to lose this fight so she says, “well….an expert passenger director would be very good at it. I just need some more practice.” I said, “Ok well the practice starts now!” and I “closed” my eyes again. It was such a funny moment.
            I absolutely love kids and how their minds work. I’m sure…well I know that when I was younger I would have said something just as crazy as that, but maybe even crazier. I’m so blessed to be a nanny and that I absolutely love what I do. I would be a nanny forever if I could. People think I am so weird for thinking that, but it’s the truth. Children are so beautiful….some more than others….haha I’m joking. But you know what I mean. I can’t wait to have children of my own and to experience having little “me’s” running around. It’s amazing to see how much they grow and how they develop over time. Children are so precious and they see things in such a different way. When we look at a park with a couple lame swings and a  rusty old slide, they see a place that is full of joy and laughter and imagination! They see a magical land where the slide takes you to the ocean and the swings take you to the sky.  When we see the color red we think of well, the color red, or love, or the color of a stop sign. Children think the same things, but to a whole other level. They see love and think of the touch of their mother or father. They think of the way that people love them and how they say their names and they know that their name is safe in their mouth (read this on Beth Witherington's blog). They are so innocent and haven’t experienced the evils in this world that could eventually corrupt them and tempt them. Children are one of the reasons why I know God is so real. When I look at children, it’s as if I am looking at angels. They are so pure and fragile.  Yes there are some children who seem like they could be the spawn of Satan! (that was completely awful to say but you know what I mean). But even though some kids can be brats, they are still so beautiful deep down inside. Oh man I could talk about kids forever! Haha but I’m going to stop because I don’t want to bore you. I hope you love kids as much as I do. 
            Well Its getting late…once again….and I need my sleep. But I will talk to you soon and I hope that you have a beautiful night. Sweet dreams love. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Waiting, Praying and Still Loving YOU

3 comments:

  1. mello great post. it was like a good movie. i laughed and cried...

    ReplyDelete
  2. (i didnt really cry) but honestly i feel like you post my thoughts in your own perspective. i cant believe your a nanny! i thought you had to be older to do that? and how is the bubble by the way? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm glad I made you laugh and "cry" haha. And yes I am a nanny. You basically just need your drivers license to be one. You have to be able to drive the kids around and stuff. Its real easy. And the bubble is great....kinda sore from working out though....haha

    ReplyDelete